Your child is one of a kind, so are we.
We offer a challenging, inquiry based, innovative arts-integrated curriculum.
Empathy is at the heart of our community.
If you would like to learn more please use this form to ask questions. We would love to hear from you!
TK enrollment eligibility has expanded. Students who turn 5 between September 2, 2023 and April 2, 2024 are eligible to enroll for Transitional Kindergarten for the 2023-24 school year.
Our Public Random Drawing (Lottery) was held on March 7, 2023.
If you apply after our Public Random Drawing, you will be automatically added onto the waitlist.
We still have a few spots available for the current school year!
Public Random Drawing (PRD) FAQ
Q: When will the PRD be held?
A: March 7, 2023 at 3:00pm
Q: When is the deadline to submit an application to be part of the PRD for the upcoming school year?
A: March 1, 2023
Q: Do I need to apply online or can I fill out a paper PRD form?
A: Yes, you can fill out a paper form. They are available at our school location. Office hours are listed here.
Q: I have a child who is currently enrolled at California Creative Learning Academy & California Creative Learning Academy Middle School, do I need to reapply again for the upcoming school year?
A: No, you do not need to reapply. You will need to fill out an intent to return form that will be sent you in March. If you your child is a 5th grader who is going to our Middle School you will need to apply for the Middle School PRD.
Q: I have a child who is currently enrolled at California Creative Learning Academy & California Creative Learning Academy Middle School and their sibling will be starting school in 2022. Do I need to apply for their sibling?
A: Yes, you must apply and you can select the sibling priority.
Q: Does California Creative Learning Academy & California Creative Learning Academy Middle School give priorities to certain demographic?
A: Yes, see list below. Please indicate if you are eligible for one of these priority when you apply.
Q: What are my chances of getting an enrollment spot?
A: We wish we could offer spots to all students that apply, however each year we get more applications than the amount of open spots we have available. That being said we do move through our waitlist and continue to offer sports throughout the Summer and early Fall.
Public Random Drawing Priorities
Students residing within LAUSD boundaries in this order:
- Siblings of currently enrolled students
- Children of school teachers, staff, and California Creative Learning Academy & California Creative Learning Academy Middle School Board of Directors who reside or work in the territorial jurisdiction of California Creative Learning Academy; (up to 10% of enrollment capacity);
- Students eligible for the National Free & Reduced Lunch Program;
- Students who are currently enrolled in or who reside in the elementary school attendance area of the Public elementary school(s) in which California Creative Learning Academy & California Creative Learning Academy Middle School is located (for purposes of the Charter School Facility Grant Program). We are currently residing in the attendance area of Glassell Park Elementary. Click here to check if this is your local school.
- Students residing outside of LAUSD boundaries in this order: Siblings of currently enrolled students
- Children of school teachers, staff, and California Creative Learning Academy Board of Directors (up to 10% of enrollment capacity);
- Q: When will I find out if I received a spot?
A: We will notify families as soon as enrollment spots become available. We will continue offering spots throughout the summer.
- Q: If I am offered a spot, how long do I have to accept?
A: You will be contacted if you have received a spot. A deadline will be given to you when you receive your offer. Note: if you applied under either the Free and Reduced Lunch Program or Glassell Park Elementary school lottery preference level, validation of information is required prior to being admitted. You will be asked to sign up for an appointment to bring in documents to validate your information.
- Q: Will I get to tour the school before enrolling?
A: Take a virtual tour of our campuses here. We will hold a New Family Orientation in the summer.
- Q: As spots are being filled, how can I follow up on where I am on the waitlist?
A: More details will be provided closer to the lottery date.
- Q: What is the Enrollment Process?
A: Once you accept your spot you will be sent a link to our enrollment site. You have one week to complete your enrollment forms from the day you receive your link. If you do not have access to the Internet, please contact the front office (323-539-2810) for a hardcopy of the enrollment packet.
- Q: If I have two or more children in the lottery do the others get a preference if their sibling gets in?
A: We do not offer a sibling preference to families unless the sibling is already enrolled at the school before the lottery.
Transitional Kindergarten Information
Enrollment And Public Random Drawing
Typically, California Creative Learning Academy & California Creative Learning Academy Middle School receives applications in excess of the number of spaces available. Those students who do not get picked in the PRD for the spaces available will be placed on a waiting list. Students on the waiting list may be invited to join CalCreative at any point during the school year if space becomes available. If the student is not admitted by the time of the PRD for the following school year, they must re-submit an application to be considered for admittance.
Admission is open to any resident of the state of California. California Creative Learning Academy will not charge students tuition and shall not discriminate on the basis of the characteristics listed in Education Code Section 220 (actual or perceived disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic that is contained in the definition of hate crimes set forth in Section 422.55 of the Penal Code, including immigration status, or association with an individual who has any of the aforementioned characteristics). Admission to CalCreative is based on a lottery. To be eligible for selection in the lottery, this application form must be complete, accurate and received by March 1, 2023 @ 4:00 p.m. Applications received after this date will not be entered in our lottery, they will be placed on the waitlist.
If you have questions about our public random drawing please reach out to our Office Coordinator, Sabra Kirkland (email@example.com).