The Board of Director’s roles and responsibilities include establishing and approving all major educational and operational policies, approving all major contracts, approving the school’s annual budget and overseeing the school’s fiscal affairs, and selecting and evaluating the top administrative staff. In conjunction with the top staff, the board has the responsibility of determining what outside legal and consulting services the school requires and contracting for such services.
If you would like to communicate with our full board please reach them at firstname.lastname@example.org
As consistent with the approved charter, California Creative Learning Academy & California Creative Learning Academy Middle School (CalCreative) is governed by a Board of voting directors, comprised of no fewer than seven and no more than fifteen members unless changed by amendments to these bylaws. All directors shall have full voting rights, including representatives appointed by the charter authorizer as consistent with Education Code Section 47604(b). If the charter authorizer appoints a representative to serve the Board of Directors, the Board of Directors may appoint an additional director to ensure an odd number of Board Members. All directors, except the representatives appointed by the charter authorizer, shall be designated by the existing Board of Directors. The Board shall strive for the following composition:
- (a) One (1) or two (2) parent representatives (parent/legal guardians of currently-enrolled students at CalCreative);
- (b) At least two (2) educators with expertise in K-12 education;
- (c) Representatives of school partnerships and the local community;
- (d) At least one (1) Director with expertise in School Business Management;
- (e)In accordance with Education Code section 47604 (b), LAUSD may appoint a non-voting representative to the Board;
- (f) At least one (1) Director must be Spanish speaking;
- (g) At least one (1) Director must be an arts practitioner;
- (h) There can never be 50% or more of board members with children currently enrolled in CalCreative.
California Creative Learning Academy Board Meetings
Board Meetings are open to the school community and we encourage your participation. Board meeting materials can be viewed in the link below.
Most Current Board Meeting Agenda.
Zoom links to all virtual meetings can be found on our Public Calendar.
2022-2023 Board Meeting Dates – 6pm
September 15th Executive Committee Board Meeting
September 26th Full Board Meeting
October 24th Executive Committee Board Meeting
November 14th Full Board Meeting
December 5th Director Compensation & Evaluation Committee Board Meeting
December 12th Executive Committee Board Meeting
January 30th Full Board Meeting
February 27th Executive Committee Board Meeting
March 13th Director Compensation & Evaluation Committee Board Meeting
March 27th Full Board Meeting
April 17th Director Compensation & Evaluation Committee Board Meeting
April 24th Executive Committee Board Meeting (rescheduled)
May 1st Executive Committee Board Meeting
May 1st Director Compensation & Evaluation Committee Board Meeting
May 30th Full Board Meeting
June 26th Full Board Meeting
July (pending) Board Retreat/Board Elections