About Our Board of Directors
The Board of Director’s roles and responsibilities include establishing and approving all major educational and operational policies, approving all major contracts, approving the school’s annual budget and overseeing the school’s fiscal affairs, and selecting and evaluating the top administrative staff. In conjunction with the top staff, the board has the responsibility of determining what outside legal and consulting services the school requires and contracting for such services.
If you would like to communicate with our full board please reach them at email@example.com
As consistent with the approved charter, California Creative Learning Academy & California Creative Learning Academy Middle School (CalCreative) is governed by a Board of voting directors, comprised of no fewer than seven and no more than fifteen members unless changed by amendments to these bylaws. All directors shall have full voting rights, including representatives appointed by the charter authorizer as consistent with Education Code Section 47604(b). If the charter authorizer appoints a representative to serve the Board of Directors, the Board of Directors may appoint an additional director to ensure an odd number of Board Members. All directors, except the representatives appointed by the charter authorizer, shall be designated by the existing Board of Directors. The Board shall strive for the following composition:
- (a) One (1) or two (2) parent representatives (parent/legal guardians of currently-enrolled students at CalCreative);
- (b) At least two (2) educators with expertise in K-12 education;
- (c) Representatives of school partnerships and the local community;
- (d) At least one (1) Director with expertise in School Business Management;
- (e)In accordance with Education Code section 47604 (b), LAUSD may appoint a non-voting representative to the Board;
- (f) At least one (1) Director must be Spanish speaking;
- (g) At least one (1) Director must be an arts practitioner;
- (h) There can never be 50% or more of board members with children currently enrolled in CalCreative.
California Creative Learning Academy Board Meetings
Board Meetings are open to the school community and we encourage your participation. Board meeting materials can be viewed in the link below.
Most Current Board Meeting Agenda.
Zoom links to all virtual meetings can be found on our Public Calendar.
2021-2022 Board Meeting Dates – 6pm
August 13th Executive Committee Board Meeting
September 27th Board Meeting
October 25th Executive Committee Board Meeting
November 15th Board Meeting
December 6th Director Evaluation
December 13th Executive Committee Board Meeting
January 31st Board Meeting
February 28th Executive Committee Board Meeting
March 14th Director Evaluation
March 28th Board Meeting
April 18th Director Evaluation
April 25th Executive Committee Board Meeting
May 30th Director Evaluation (CAO/CBO Annual Performance)
June 20th Board Meeting
July 16th Board Retreat/Board Elections